Download PDF Call for Nominations / Nomination Form
Mr. Ronald Duhamel played a leading role in representing Francophone minority community interests to his colleagues, for the purpose of raising their awareness and ensuring that the necessary influence was exerted to bring about significant change and normalize the communities’ relationship with the various levels of government.
Officially launched in March 2005, the Prix Ronald-Duhamel – Ronald Duhamel Award was created to recognize an employee or a group of employees of a governmental or quasi-govermental body at the federal, provincial or municipal level for distinguished service to Manitoba’s Francophone community.
The individuals or teams nominated will, in the context of their work, have demonstrated excellence and innovation in
- planning and providing French-language services tailored to fit the needs of the Francophone community of Manitoba;
- supporting the development of the Francophone community of Manitoba;
- creating conditions conducive to greater use of French in the workplace.
Who may be nominated?
Any individual or team of individuals that works or has worked in Manitoba for a governmental or quasi-govermental body which is subject to Canada’s Official Languages Act or the Government of Manitoba’s French Language Services Policy or forms part of a member municipality of the Manitoba Association of Bilingual Municipalities (AMBM). A group of individuals need not work or have worked for the same body in order to be nominated as a team.
Recently-retired employees are eligible to be nominated for accomplishments dating back no more than two years from the nomination deadline.
Who may submit a nomination?
Any member of Manitoba’s Francophone community or any individual eligible to be nominated under the criteria set out above.
The selection committee will be anonymous and comprise four members each representing one of the following entities: the federal government, the provincial government, the Manitoba Association of Bilingual Municipalities (AMBM) and the Société franco-manitobaine.
The Prix Ronald-Duhamel – Ronald Duhamel Award is a biennial
award presented by the Société franco-manitobaine,
the Federal Government, the Manitoba Francophone Affairs Secretariat,
and the Manitoba Association of Bilingual Municipalities (AMBM).
The next award will be presented in March 2017, as part of the Rendez-vous
de la Francophonie.
- Completed nomination forms are to be submitted to the Société franco-manitobaine.
- The information provided in the nomination form must clearly describe the actions, and the decisions or situations demonstrating that the candidate meets the above-mentioned award criteria. Concrete examples must be provided.
- The nomination forms must be accompanied by two or more letters of support from members of Manitoba's Francophone community or current or previous co-workers of the nominee.
Please forward the duly completed form by January 31, 2017
Prix Ronald-Duhamel – Ronald Duhamel Award
106-147 Provencher Boulevard
St. Boniface, Manitoba R2H 0G2
For more information contact:
Representative of Manitoba's Federal
Network of Official Languages
Government of Canada
Francophone Affairs Secretariat
Government of Manitoba
Special Project Coordinator
Tel. : 204-233-4915
Prix Ronald-Duhamel – Ronald Duhamel Award Nomination Form